Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WEDNESDAY WEIRDNESS . . .


The past few days have been . . . just weird . . .
I am done with my classes, the semester is over (YAY!!) . . . so a great deal of the pressure is off now, which is really nice. I am waiting to hear what I got in one of my classes, but the one I was most concerned about, I know I DID pass, so I am delighted . . . The other class, I think I will get an A . . . That is what I expect. If for some reason I didn't, I will at least get a B . . . and that would be perfectly acceptable. I know I tried my best.
So . . . I should be feeling this HUGE sense of relief, right? Pressure is off . . . I have no homework to do, nothing I 'should' be working on, hanging over my head every minute . . . but . . . I don't. I just feel a little . . . well . . . lost. . .
I have training for work all this week . . . I get paid for it, so the fact that it is not really exciting, doesn't matter, really. I am still trying to decide IF I want to work this summer (or take the summer off completely and start back in the Fall) and if I do decide I want to work, what days . . . what hours . . .
I have SOOO many projects around the house to get to and to finish up . . . I want to deep clean and finish painting the mural on the grandkids castle room . . . maybe take down the crib, since although little M still requests to sleep in it when he is here, he sleeps in a bed at home, so he should be fine on the bottom bunk . . . it is low and comfortable . . . The crib will be needed again when GR is born in October, but I know T will want it downstairs when she comes to visit so her baby is with her, not way upstairs . . .
I also intend to DEEP clean and ORGANIZE all the stuff in the master bedroom . . . MAN . . . all those books and papers and just STUFF . . . Maybe someday I will have a sewing room to move all that paraphenalia into . . . but if not, it still needs to be better organized so I can find what I need when I need it. I don't do nearly as much sewing as I used to . . . but if it were easier to get to things, perhaps I would sew more than I do now. I love doing it, and I have all these little critters to sew for . . . It is a very satisfying, creative outlet . . .
I guess maybe the funk I am in is just because I am having to totally change gears from school mode (frantic, stressed, overwhelmed) back to 'real' life . . . where I largely get to set my own deadlines (if I choose to) and can pace myself however I want . . .
I think that I am not very good at switching gears and being flexible . . . Weird, huh? You would think that by now, with all the curves life has thrown at me while I was busy making other plans I would have learned that life is all ABOUT flexibility, and the need to adapt and roll with the punches . . .
Somehow I REALLY thought I would be smarter and have things more 'together' by this point in my life . . . LOL . . . What a rude awakening . . . =o/

4 comments:

  1. Yup, you will need the crib once Gabriel is born! (o: And yeah maybe Alex will be brave by then and sleep in the grandkid room by then too! So I wont have 2 kids in the room when we visit! (o:

    Having your sewing room would be nice! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Alex said That dog is SOOOOOO creepy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... it is sort of a creepy dog.

    Dang, I want to come and 'play' and do projects with you so much right now - I LOVE organizing things!!!

    'Switching gears' always takes a bit of getting used to, no matter HOW flexable you are - you'll be fine.

    Oh, and I had no idea you were thinking about taking the summer off from work, is that to avoid the dreaded polo shirts for a little longer ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL . . . nah, I am resigned to the dreaded polo shirts . . . I just am not sure WHAT I am doing this summer . . .

    I did turn in my availability for summer today though . . . so . . . I should get my schedule early next week . . .

    ReplyDelete