Thursday, June 11, 2009

SNAIL MAIL IS FRIENDLIEST . . .


I love love LOVE snail mail . . .
I know that email is faster . . . that text messages are faster still . . .
But there is just something about receiving something TANGIBLE in the mail (so it is delivered randomly . . . sometimes VERY randomly) when you are not expecting anything . . . Something you can read and reread and stick in your pocket . . . use it as a bookmark . . . carry with you for when you are nowhere near a computer or your phone . . .
Maybe, in part, because it DOES take more effort . . . You have to find an envelope . . . a stamp . . . a mailbox . . . but it just is SUCH a lift to your spirits to find something NOT trying to sell you something OR demanding payment waiting for you in the mailbox . . .
YAY for snail mail!!!! =o)

5 comments:

  1. ohhh, me too... I love mail. Is this a REAL 'stamp'?! I want a stamp like that... lol... if it's not real, the post office should make one just like it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL . . . somehow I doubt the Post Office would allow THAT logo to be printed on a stamp ("when it absolutely has to be there next month") . . . but if it IS real, I want to buy a roll of these stamps TOO!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, come on, the post office people could have a sense of humor too, right?

    Hmm, maybe not. It is way funny though. My stamps are so boring... oh well, I guess they still get the job done (or will, until I run out of them... yikes... I wonder how 'low' I am on stamps!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mail too! I never get any though! Only bills and stupid junk mail. Every once in a while we'll get a card which is fun (o: Maybe I should write some letters to get some back haha

    That stamp is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be better about writing snail mail . . . I used to be SO good about keeping in touch that way . . . Maybe that will be my summer resolution . . . (Since it is way too late for New Year's Resolutions and I dont' want to wait another six months to work it in for NEXT new year's resoutions) . . .

    ReplyDelete