Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'M MELTING . . . I'M MELTING . . .

It's weird . . .

I am done with classes . . . I turned in my research paper yesterday, which was also my last day of tutoring for Spring Semester, so all I have left is a Geology final Monday, and then a Math final on Wednesday.

Don't get me wrong, I will be FRANTICALLY stuffing my head with formulas and memorizing eras and eons and clasts and what rock crystals turn to what at what temperatures, etc, for the next few days . . . trying to remind myself of every thing I have learned this semester and get it to STICK, a little longer . . .

But yesterday when I got home from school and work, despite a raging headache, I felt . . . I don't know . . . at loose ends . . .

Weird, huh?

Maybe I have been in school so long, I am too used to the stress and stimulation of deadlines and stretchy projects . . . I mean, I SHOULD feel (or be BEGINNING to feel) a HUGE sense of relief . . .

This IS the home stretch . . . and if I did NO studying between now and then, I would definitely pass my Geology final (though I might only get a "B" in the class even if I DO study frantically . . . so that might lower me to a LOW B or even a "C") . . .

. . . and I might not pass the Math final at all (with no studying . . . or heck . . . maybe even with FRANTIC studying) . . . but that doesn't really bother me, weirdly enough. I KNOW that I know this stuff . . . I sometimes make stupid little arithmetic errors, or transpose a sign or even occasionally use the wrong formula (or attempt to) . . . but I KNOW this stuff . . . I understand the underlying principles and I can DO this . . .

So if worst comes to worst, and I don't pass Math . . . I know that I will when I retake it. And as much as I enjoy my professor's delightfully warped sense of humor, I would take it a second time from someone else . . . someone whose tests let you show your work to get at least partial credit . . . I KNOW I would pass it next time . . . BUT I am still holding out hope that I pass this class this first time around . . .

So, since I still have a couple of days of cramming left, I have no idea why I would feel at loose ends NOW . . .

I think I will need to think of lots of projects for this summer and impose 'deadlines' on myself so I don't simply melt into a pile of goo like the wicked witch, splashed with water . . .

HEY . . . I wonder if I could find a picture of that to use for my little icon here . . .

HMMMMMMM . . .

4 comments:

  1. ew, wicked witch goo!

    I thought your paper wasn't due until Friday. Cool that it is in though - and good luck with your studying/finals and self-imposed deadlines -- it's always weird to go from a full busy schedule and long to-do list to a list that involves things like "maybe paint my toenails" or "learn a new language just because" or whatever. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh you can TOTALLY make cute nursery bedding for Gabe's room, and um um come to AZ to visit! (o: We could put deadlines on those too haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should go look at fabric next time you are out (or I am out THERE) Tania . . . if you are serious, I would LOVE to make the nursery bedding . . .

    It is just the transitioning that is tough . . . I will be okay, I am just a weird combination of burned out and TIRED . . . and bored/restless . . . Once I actually shift into 'summer' gear, I will be fine . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to look at fabric with you Sue! I am serious! I can't find ANYTHING that is cute and is bug themed. (o:

    ReplyDelete