Saturday, June 20, 2009

TAG . . . YOU'RE IT . . .


I am resistant to doing these 'me-me' tags . . . because I am simply not that interesting . . . but I can't think of anything else to write, so to keep me in the habit of blogging, I will do Tania's tag . . .
8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1. Dragged my husband to a craft show, since my craft show buddy is far away . . . (he was actually fairly patient and made NO audible gagging noises at ALL)
2. Went to Costco where he was far happier . . . YAY for free samples of yummy food!!!
3. Cooked him his father's day dinner (steak, corn on the cob, potatoes, and a chocolate eclair) since tonight is someone's birthday dinner, and he will be gone Sunday.
4. Found out that I did, indeed, get an "A" in geology this past semester . . . WHOO HOOO!!!!!
5. Watched probably the LAMEST, most BORING mst3K video EVER made about air force pilots. I LOVE mystery science theater 3000 (and yeah, I know that ALL the movies they spoof are horrendously bad) but this one was way lamer than most . . .
6. Um . . . got dressed . . .
7. Battled a headache all day . . .
8. Passed out at ten thirty, way early for me (and no, these are not in chronological order) . . . =oP
8 FAVORITE TV SHOWS:
1. The Office (the only one that truly qualifies as a 'favorite')
2. Castle (the new show about a mystery writer working with the police department)
3. House (though sometimes his personality REALLY grates on me)
4. Bones (the lead woman in that show reminds me of pictures I have seen of my mom when she was young)
5. Burn Notice
6. WOW WOW Wubzies (yeah, I watch it with little M)
7. Sesame Street (ditto)
8. Backyardigans (yeah . . . with him)
LOL actually this makes it look like I watch a lot of TV, and I don't . . . The Office is probably the only thing that I think "oh dang" if tivo doesn't record it . . .
8 FAVORITE EATS:
1. Anything Mexican or Tex-Mex, minus sour cream and guacamole . . . especially enchiladas and tacos . . .
2. Italian food . . . like lasagna and spaghetti . . .
3. Homemade bread . . . MMMMM . . . the fun of kneading it and baking it . . . the smell of it cooking . . . and the DELICIOUSNESS of fresh, homemade bread . . .
4. Homemade soup with big chunks of veggies . . . it just TASTES nourishing and healthy and like it as good FOR me as it tastes TO me . . .
5. My mom's homemade cinnamon rolls . . . the taste of childhood . . . YUM!!!
6. Boiled wheat . . . I absolutely LOVE the taste and consistency of boiled wheat with a little brown sugar on it . . . my kids say it is like chewing an old tire (though how they know this, I have never asked) . . . but I LOVE it . . . it is filling and SO nourishing and you don't get hungry again FOREVER . . .
7. Peanut butter M&Ms . . . =o)
8. Corn on the cob, with melted butter, salt and pepper . . . I hate that it takes forever to get the little thingies out of your teeth afterwards, but it is SOOOOoooOOOOOOO good!!!!
8 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO:
1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO classes this summer!!!!!
2. Finishing my final two classes in the Fall, before I transfer and begin working on my NEXT degree . . . sigh . . .
3. Sewing more this summer . . . I am just ITCHING to get back into that . . . I used to sew SO much ALL the time . . . it was my creative outlet, and all of the sudden I really really miss it and want to get back into it . . .
4. Finishing up the castle room so it looks all cool and inviting and less like a 'garage' upstairs where everything gets sort of shoved when we don't know where else to put it . . .
5. Getting back into a bikini . . . (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, not really . . . I think that ship has long since sailed, but I was just seeing if anyone was awake still)
6. Having the summer months with fewer demands and deadlines so that I can get back in to my routine of walking every day (or night) . . . I have MISSED it, and I can feel such a difference . . .
7. Writing . . . I do not need a degree to write, so I want to put more time and effort into just writing on a daily basis . . .
8. More time to enjoy family and visitors and maybe even do some visiting this summer!!! =o)
8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST:
1. Getting in better, healthier shape.
2. That my loved ones be healthy and happy.
3. Returning to the temple.
4. Reaching important personal goals.
5. To be a better support/cheerleader/encouragement to friends and family -- the people that I love (and even to the people I don't like that well) ;o)
6. To do better about following the promptings of the Spirit.
7. To find a healthier balance even when I am IN school, so that my life is not so consumed by the challenges and projects of my classes.
8. To run in a marathon (yeah . . . really . . . ME)
8 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. My faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. My husband who doesn't always 'get' me . . . but who loves me anyways.
3. My five amazing, too-smart-for-their-own-good, wickedly funny, good-hearted children . . . who are not children any longer . . . but who have each blessed and enriched my life beyond measure.
3. The amazing, dynamic, multi-talented, interesting people that my children have added to our family circle . . . I am in awe of the caliber of the people they have chosen to love, and who we have had the opportunity and blessing of welcoming into our extended family circle . . .
4. Five (almost six) of the MOST adorable, gorgeous, incredible, absolutely brilliant grandchildren EVER born in this universe . . . They have been SO much fun to welcome and love and watch as they begin to blossom into the people they will become . . . I hope that I am around for many, many more years so I can continue to watch them in awe . . .
5. My extended family . . . I have the best sisters EVER . . . and I am grateful for their friendship and encouragement and support (and the many reminders of every stupid thing I ever did as a child) and I love the people -- spouses and children -- that each of them have also added to the family circle . . .
6. My mind . . . I love that I can always find things to laugh about, and find enjoyment in, no matter how bleak things might be, and I especially love that I absolutely love the process of learning new things . . . Those two things have been SUCH a blessing to me in my life . . .
7. Forgiveness . . . I am thankful that when I see that something in my life is hurting the people I love, or that I have somehow gotten off track in some way, that I know I can make a course correction -- no matter how uncomfortable or difficult that may be -- and make things right . . .
8. The knowledge that my Heavenly Father both KNOWS me . . . and that He LOVES me . . . with all my weaknesses and imperfections, and my excruciatingly slow progress at becoming more like Him . . . This gives me the courage to hang in there and keep trying and not simply settling for what I already am . . .
OK . . . I wont tag anybody, because I don't know anyone who blogs who hasn't already done this . . . This was, indeed, more difficult than it seemed like it would/should be . . .
LOL . . . =oP to Tania for tagging me . . . ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this was fun to read! I am GLAD Tania tagged you... it DOES take a crazy ammount of time to do though, huh?

    Dang, now I want peanut butter m&m's... thanks a lot...

    Oh yeah, and my DH was totally talking about doing a marathon! We should do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing it anyways Sue! (o: It was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete