Monday, June 29, 2009

FEELING FRIED . . .




I hurt . . .


Who would have thought that a mellow. sunny San Diego day that was not too hot and had a sweet whisper of a breeze could be SO sneaky?!?


We made sure the menfolk had hats and were lathered with sunscreen . . . ditto for the kidlets . . . but I didn't use any at all . . . and I am VERY ouchie . . . I am sunburned everywhere I wasn't covered with clothes, but it it by FAR the worst on my forehead and the part in my hair . . . It hurt horribly yesterday and today still hurts AND itches like crazy (a sure sign it will shortly peel) . . .


HOW could I have been so dumb as to not seek shade . . . wear a hat . . . and/or use SUNSCREEN . . . ?!?!??


Sea World was fun, though . . . the little ones had a blast (ironically they were MOST delighted by splashing in a puddle and watching trained kitties and doggies perform) . . . We tramped all over, cheered ourselves hoarse, ooooh'd and aaaaaaah'd over the animals' antics and T and I got those delightful concoctions known as funnel cakes . . . MAN those are good!!! She got the strawberries and creme one and I got the caramel apple one and they were absolutely heavenly . . . We stayed late (for Sea World) and didn't leave the park til probably nine or nine thirty, then got lost on the way home and ended up taking the 'scenic' way back . . . I would not dream of teasing the driver though (HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!) but it WAS a teensy bit funny for Mr-I-don't-need-no-stinkin'-directions to have to go the long way around to get home . . .


I could barely walk the next day, I am burned to a crisp, but it was a fun day spent with some of my very favorite people in the universe!!!


YAY for Shamu and friends!!!! =o)

2 comments:

  1. It was really fun Sue! I'm glad we all went! I was sore through out the night, but in the morning I was fine (o: Just needed to rest I guess! The funnel cakes WERE fabulous too!!!!!! I want another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, that sounds SO fun!

    Sorry you're feeling fried today - sunburns are no fun!

    ReplyDelete