Tuesday, November 17, 2009

STUFFED WITH BLESSINGS . . .


November is a month when -- if at no other time -- we concentrate on gratitude . . . I want to share some of things that I am feeling thankful for . . .


I am thankful for my family . . . for my husband who has stayed by side for three plus decades, sharing the ups and downs, joys and heartaches, triumphs and troubles that life has brought our way . . . It is unbelievably incredible to feel so . . . SAFE with someone . . . so KNOWN . . . so ACCEPTED . . . I am also thankful for each of our children and the amazing people they have grown up to be . . . I love that they are GOOD people, and have integrity and honor . . . that they are hard workers and that they are so much FUN . . . I would be honored to have them as FRIENDS . . . I feel unbelievably blessed that I got to be their mother . . . I am also SO grateful for the amazing people -- spouses, friends, babies -- that they have brought in my life, as well . . . Each has enriched me with their personality, their gifts and talents, their love and humor . . .


I am thankful for grandchildren . . . WOW . . . I thought being a mom was an incredible adventure . . . I had NO idea that things could get even better when my babies had babies . . . Each one has filled my heart with joy and love . . . and losing one before we even had a chance to know him was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced . . .


I am thankful for my faith . . . thankful that I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and that has a plan for my life . . . thankful for the Savior's atonement that means that despite my weaknesses and the setbacks of my life's journey that I can be healed . . . forgiven . . . strengthened . . . and that my heart can literally be changed . . . I do not have to remain forever damaged and burdened by past mistakes and old baggage . . . and I am VERY thankful for the knowledge I have that I can be reunited with loved ones after my mortal journey is complete . . .


I am thankful for the good mind that I have been blessed with . . . and grateful for the opportunity I have to develop it and explore my talents and interests . . .


It is SO easy sometimes, to get caught up in all the things I wish were different . . . all the things I wish I had . . . all the changes I want to make . . . It is good to take the time to focus on what really matters and how VERY much I have to be thankful for . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment