Saturday, November 13, 2010

PLUGGING AWAY . . .


Sometimes this is what I feel like with this NaNoWriMo challenge . . . fifty thousand words is a LOT of words . . . and this week was definitely harder than week one. Apparently there really IS a 'week two' syndrome where you feel overwhelmed and like kicking yourself for even THINKING of writing a stupid book . . . and I had it . . .

But . . . I still just kept plugging away, and decided not to worry about my word count as much as just try to recapture my enjoyment of my story . . . and I finally got past my slump.

Today is day 13 . . . and my word count is 28,746, so I am well over halfway to the 'finish' line . . . and not quite half way through the month. I take Sundays off . . . not really sure why, since this isn't WORK or even SCHOOL . . . but I think it helps keep it fresh to be able to step away from it completely for one day a week, and not even worry about the story or accomplishing anything on it.

I have to admit, this may be a REALLY hastily written work-in-progress, not yet edited or revised or fleshed out, but I LIKE it. Oh, I freely admit that it may very well be sheer rubbish . . . but it is MY sheer rubbish . . . and I am growing quite fond of my characters and the situations that are building here.

They are my FRIENDS . . .

LOL . . . and here I thought people outgrew their imaginary friends when they grew up . . . I guess *I* am one of the ones to just BEGIN to discover them in my 'old' age . . .

It's kinda fun, actually . . . ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Man - I kinda am excited when I read all this! Hopefully I can read it one day (and don't worry - just as you were understanding with me and my little freak out I can honestly say I understand being choosy with people who read it - especially first - but I have to say that someday in the future I want to read it).

    And best of luck! I know those two week 'slumps' and I am glad you pulled past it! That is one of the hard parts!

    ReplyDelete