Saturday, May 8, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY . . .


Mother's day can be kind of a day of mixed emotions . . .

Oh, I, personally, have LOVED being a mother . . . and I was lucky enough to have an awesome mom, myself . . . Honestly, I feel like I won some kind of celestial lottery to have had the mother that I had . . .

She wasn't perfect . . . but she was an INCREDIBLE woman . . . talented . . . patient (and she can thank ME for MUCH of that patience, too, since *I* taught her most of it) . . . wise . . . insightful . . . committed to BEING a mom . . . and on top of everything else, she was a FUN mom . . . I think that she genuinely enjoyed us (when she wasn't too busy being frazzled and running a million different directions at once (as there were seven of us children) . . . I absolutely love that I have SO many memories of her ENJOYING us . . . laughing with us . . . reading to us . . . playing games with us . . . rolling her eyes at us . . . LOL . . . despite my family's problems and issues, we laughed a LOT . . . I am grateful for those memories . . .

Interestingly enough . . . I do not know if SHE would have claimed to have been a great mother . . . I think she tended to see her flaws more than her strengths . . . but she WAS, indeed, an awesome mom . . .

And I am grateful in more ways that I can possibly count that her love and light and example touched and blessed my life SO intimately for soooooooo many years . . .

I hope that my own children have even half as many wonderful memories of ME as I do of HER . . .




Though to my credit . . . I have NEVER served my children reconstituted powdered milk . . . ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment