Saturday, March 6, 2010

A NEW LOVE . . .


I know some people think it is odd that I don't post 'real' pictures of family on my blog, especially when I talk about them, but that is okay . . . I don't mind being thought a little weird. I get to do what *I* feel comfortable with, right? Just like everybody else . . .

So this is not, of course, an actual photograph of my 'real' brand new grandson . . . He is FAR far FAR cuter and smarter and more perfect, for one thing (or is that three things?) . . . But it will do . . . "C" finally arrived . . . safe and sound, though 'finally' seems a little odd to say about his birth since he was like two and a half weeks early . . . Still it FELT like 'finally' because his birth didn't follow the pattern of his siblings' births . . . So we were all QUITE certain that he would arrive at ANY time for five full days before he actually made his appearance . . .

We have seven grandchildren, so this wasn't our first . . . but this WAS the first time I have ever been in the delivery room for a baby other than one of MY five . . . and I have to say that it was an INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, UNFORGETTABLE experience . . . WOW . . .

I love each of my grandchildren DEARLY . . . and wouldn't trade any of them for ANY amount of money . . . They each have such a unique little personality and it is SO exciting and satisfying to watch them grow and blossom . . . If I have any heartaches or regrets, it is simply that one returned home to Heavenly Father WAY too early . . . before we even had a chance to know him or look into his eyes and tell him how VERY much he was loved . . . but I know that we will have that chance someday, and I am grateful for that knowledge.

THIS baby, like I said, was the first grandchild whose birth I have actually witnessed . . . We have seen most of them within hours, maybe even less . . . certainly within a few days . . . but THIS one we got to watch BEING born . . . which was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life . . . It truly IS a miracle . . .

From the rush to the hospital . . . wondering if we would make it in time . . . to watching my beautiful daughter patiently deal with contractions and bafflingly slow hospital staff . . . I am in awe of how stoic she was and well she dealt with her discomfort and the examinations and all the poking and proding that went on during the short time she was there before "C" decided it was time to come NOW . . . I am quite certain that *I* was never so calm tempered (partly because my husband always reminds me of things I said and did during my labors) . . . but beyond that, even the nurses kept commenting on how well she was dealing with everything (in fact they told her she was welcome to come back 'ANY time at all' . . . LOL . . . just what every laboring woman wants to hear, huh?

She had a more difficult time with this one than her others . . . "C" decided to present himself, sunny side up, and that makes for a more difficult, painful birth for mama . . . but he still arrived safely, though they were a little worried about keeping his temperature up for the first few hours after his birth . . . Still, he was absolutely beautiful, and right away, showed a DISTINCT preference for his mama's arms (which has continued . . . though he will now quite graciously let gramma hold him as long as he isn't hungry).

His siblings are absolutely delighted and enchanted with this new little brother, and I think "A" has even forgiven him for being a boy instead of the little sister she had put an order in for . . .

DEEP, dreamy sigh . . .

There is something just SO incredibly spiritual and just SWEET about having a brand new baby in your home . . . They bring such an incredible spirit with them . . .

YAY for new babies . . .

YAY for safe arrivals . . .

YAY for being a gramma!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment