Sunday, June 20, 2010

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME . . .



I am home . . . YAY!!!!

My trip was absolutely WONDERFUL . . . I am SO glad I could go participate in the Sisters Reunion. All but one of my sisters were there (and we missed her HORRIBLY) but it was still a blast . . . We talked, talked, talked non stop . . . saw two incredible plays ("Tarzan" and "Cats") . . . toured some church history sites which was fascinating . . . did some shopping . . . looked through old family photos and laughed uproariously at how dorky we all looked . . . watched a few movies . . . played board games . . . took turns cooking meals . . . It was absolutely delightful (with the exception of the missing sister) . . . I am SO glad we went, and the home we rented was GORGEOUS . . . I may never stay in a hotel again . . .

I also had a wonderful time at my sister's. Utah is beautiful . . . I love the mountains and ALL the GREEN trees . . . We had fun and got to go see our mom's grave (and the little town she grew up in) . . . visit a niece and her family . . . visit our aunt (our mom's only surviving sibling) and take her out to dinner . . . go see a play ("The Wedding Singer" . . . which was absolutely delightful) and have lots of time to visit and talk and even lots of time for me to curl up with a good book and read while my sister had to work (I think between the reunion and my week with my sister that I finished FIVE books!)

I feel very rested and rejuvenated . . . like my batteries are fully charged, which feels great! This has been an incredible year, full of ups and downs and twists and turns and not all of it has been fun . . . but it HAS been an adventure . . . and I feel like I have finally -- TRULY -- gotten my 'balance' back . . .

This vacation . . . These past few weeks, really . . . (the trip to Texas, and everybody I got to see along the way there) . . . the sisters reunion . . . the week with my sister . . . were exactly what I needed . . .

Life is good . . . not always FUN . . . but it IS good . . .

I am learning lots . . .

And I am grateful for the journey . . .




It is VERY good to be home . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment