Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S WANDERINGS . . .




It is FINALLY beginning to feel like Autumn . . . It cools off nicely at night . . . the mornings are almost cold and occasionally foggy . . . and even when it gets sunny during the day, if you step out of the sun you can feel the delicious, crispness of Fall in the air . . .


I LOVE this time of year . . . I love the holidays -- Halloween (what is not to love about cute costumes and getting CHOCOLATE?!?), Thanksgiving (It is truly FUN to cook a big, huge feast because the whole focus IS on the foods . . . so you feel very appreciated for all your hard work), and Christmas (I love it ALL . . . the decorating . . . the shopping -- trying to find something JUST right for the people you love . . . the wrapping . . . the baking . . . the Christmas carols . . . the sparkling lights . . . the nativity . . . Santa . . . fun family traditions . . . the ambiance of peace on earth and good will towards men) -- but I also just love the WEATHER.


Even here in the sunny southern California desert, we get Fall weather . . . well . . . we at least get FallISH weather. The air gets crisp and feels clearer and more bracing . . . It gets dark earlier . . . and stays dark a little longer in the mornings . . . I reach around for a blanket in the middle of the night . . . cuddling in front of the TV in the evenings gets more and more appealing (LOL . . .the cuddling always sounds appealing . . . TV . . . not so much) . . . I love how the colors change, as Mother Nature dons her richest, deepest colors . . . which just so happen to be some of my very favorites . . .


Yeah . . . I thoroughly love Autumn . . . and I am DELIGHTED to welcome her, once again. Oh, I am sure the hotter weather will be back, periodically . . . but once the cooler nights move in, it is a losing battle, even if the battle is long and SLOW . . .


Now all I lack is a big pile of dried leaves to kick . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment