Saturday, September 26, 2009

FAMILY TIME . . .


The recent heat has REALLY been getting to me . . . Every single year (about this same time) I wonder what the HECK I am doing still here in the southern California desert . . . I am SUCH a pansy in the heat . . . Even with airconditioning in my house and car . . . I just never feel really GOOD all summer . . . I get just sort of listless and blah . . . I guess, sort of like SADD (seasonal affective disorder -- most people get it in the winter or in areas that don't get much sun -- but I get it in reverse, I guess. I don't want to cook . . . don't want to clean . . . don't want to do much of anything . . . It makes me feel SICK . . .


Today we are heading up to the cooler mountains, though, for a family day . . . I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. I really, really, really hope that some day I get to live in a cabin in the mountains . . . to just breathe in that cooler, crisper, pine-scented mountain air DEEP into my lungs . . . listen to the sounds of nature, not traffic and sirens . . . That has been my dream for years and years . . .


I don't know if it will ever come to pass, but for TODAY, I get to live my dream . . . kind of . . .


YAY!!! =o)

3 comments:

  1. It was delightful, Tania . . . though hotter even there, than I had hoped. I think it was still high nineties or low 100's . . . I was REALLY hoping for mid 80's . . . Still, it was a delightful day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ought to get a nice break out here in Phoenix then... It's only been in the mid-90's... which is much nicer than 120. Much... Much Nicer.

    ReplyDelete